Renowned for their heart-protecting qualities, nuts also make satisfying snacks. This mix is particularly potent since it's chock full of the best of the bunch-and will have your heart jumping for joy.
While all nuts are excellent sources of unsaturated ("good") fats that help lower your cholesterol levels, each of the ones here has bragging rights all its own:
- Walnuts are widely hailed as the top source of omega-3 fatty acids, a powerful protector of the cardiovascular system.
- Almonds have abundant flavonoids as well as vitamin E, both of which fight inflammation and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pistachios are also packed with antioxidants that help reduce the body's response to stress; they are also high in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and prevent irregular heartbeat.
- Pecans contain an amino acid that may help keep artery walls flexible and decrease the risk of blood clots.
- Hazelnuts are rich in folate, a B vitamin that is essential for growth and development and may help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
All in all, these fabulous five are your tried-and-true helpmates in boosting your heart health and keeping your blood pumping. That they are also extremely tasty will tickle your ticker even more.
Raw Almonds, Raw Pistachio Kernels, Pecans, Walnuts, Hazelnuts
Product of USA
Warning: Contains tree nuts. May contain occasional shell fragments. Packaged in a facility that processes peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat and dairy products.
Serving Size: 28g (~1.0 oz)
Amount per Serving
|Calories from Fat||135|